Friday, April 20, 2018

Notes

There was a note left on my car window today
She said her name was Tasia and she had a lot to say
First, she wanted me to know she didn't know about me ...
You told her you were single and fancy free


Single she believed because you never wore a wedding ring

Free because you told her you were looking for a plaything
She said you spoke of an ex who hurt you and did you wrong
But that I was a part of your past now and long gone

She said you pursued her for close to a year
How you whispered sweet promises in her ear
She told of being showered with money, gifts and trips
And how you sexed her with handcuffs, blindfolds and whips

You told her you traveled a lot in and out of town
So she didn't question the days when you didn't come around
She figured she struck gold when you came into her life
But you neglected to tell her you had a damn wife


She said she found out about me by pure accident
You used the wrong checkbook when you paid her rent
At the top of the check was your name and mine
She realized then you had been lying the whole time


She didn't want to hurt me, she told me so
She left the note because she felt I deserved to know
It seems everything you told her about me was a lie
I will probably never understand the reasons why
I want you to know this is my note to you saying goodbye


My True Essence

No comments:

Post a Comment

Self-Talk

For years I have been a victim to my own negative self-talk Tripping myself up every time I tried to move forward in my walk Letting...