Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Self-Talk

For years I have been a victim to my own negative self-talk
Tripping myself up every time I tried to move forward in my walk
Letting my own thoughts of my mistakes and shame
Stop me in my tracks and throw me completely off my game

On the outside by looking at me you’d never know
You’d see the dimpled smile and the “fake it to make it” glow
The smile that I was able to turn on and off light a switch
In the blink of an eye without missing a beat or making a flitch

One day I wrote down everything that was running through my mind
I was shocked I hadn’t written down one word that was kind
It was all negative self-talk about my health and physical being
It hurt me to my core because I couldn’t believe what I was seeing

Right then my spirit spoke and I was able to see things clearer
I prayed and made a promise to the woman in the mirror
That I would control all of the negative thoughts in my head
And focus on the awesome person standing in the mirror instead

My True Essence ©

No comments:

Post a Comment

Self-Talk

For years I have been a victim to my own negative self-talk Tripping myself up every time I tried to move forward in my walk Letting...