Friday, March 18, 2016

Special Kind of Love

Staring at you resting as you are lying next to me
Who would have ever imagined this would be
We’re even surprised at how we got here
But there was something special that wouldn’t disappear
Two souls connected and intertwined ...
Like a gathering of two intriguing minds
We escape to our place of peace and solitude
Where our love flows freely at the greatness magnitude
Our connection and chemistry is raw and real
It’s more than about the physical or the sex appeal
It’s loving each other with no boundaries just because
And having a special kind of love no one else does
No one can understand it so no one needs to know
Nothing can stop this magic that continues to grow


My True Essence

1 comment:

  1. Wow, your poem aptly and succinctly describes how I feel about my soulmate who is lying beside me, or sitting up with pain that prevents sleep. We waited a long time to be together and finally we are: old, sick, crippled, in love, sharing a home, a room, a bed... Growing our love to get us thru these last stages of our lives.

    Thank you for putting it so well in this poem: "Special Kind of Love"

    ReplyDelete

Self-Talk

For years I have been a victim to my own negative self-talk Tripping myself up every time I tried to move forward in my walk Letting...