Monday, April 28, 2014

Racism...







Racism is very much alive and kicking
It’s like a time bomb that won’t stop ticking
It appears in many different forms and styles
Sometimes it’s even hidden behind smiles
Some of those smiles we see each and every day
Even smiles we trust in some way

There are some people who act as if they are blind
Because they believe racism doesn't exist in their mind
How can they not see that everyone isn’t treated fair and kind
Equality is what's right and should apply to all mankind
Unfortunately, these days, this is not always the case
Some people are discriminated against because of their race

We can’t continue to overlook the racist things we see
And continue to let the racist people get off free
We have to step up and take a stand
Stop letting them treat us anyway they think they can
Join together, heads up and stand tall
Fight until we have equal rights and justice for all

My True Essence

No comments:

Post a Comment

Self-Talk

For years I have been a victim to my own negative self-talk Tripping myself up every time I tried to move forward in my walk Letting...