Wednesday, April 23, 2014

You Didn't Break Me

I knew of you because you were a popular boy in school
We took a class together and eventually became cool
Friends who would talk when we saw each other on the yard
Little did I know our friendship would leave me forever scarred

You needed help to pass the class so I agreed to help you
I agreed to help because that’s what friends do
I trusted you so I didn’t have any reason to fear
I thought you were my friend… genuine and sincere

I don’t know what happened to you that horrible night
Your mood changed and I realized something wasn’t right
But by then it was too late for me to react
You grabbed me and began your brutal attack

You turned into a monster I didn’t even recognize
You didn’t listen to my pleas or my cries
Instead you used me for your own sick pleasure
Against my will you took my treasure

I didn’t think I would ever forgive you for what you did to me
But I realized I had to forgive you in order for me to be free
Free from the shame and guilt of thinking I deserved it
That I deserved to be attacked, raped and hit
 
I still remember the pain you caused me to this today
The wound has healed but the scar will never go away
You almost destroyed me and caused my faith to shake
Even though you hurt me, my spirit you didn’t break

My True Essence

No comments:

Post a Comment

Self-Talk

For years I have been a victim to my own negative self-talk Tripping myself up every time I tried to move forward in my walk Letting...