Sunday, November 22, 2015

My Hardened Heart

I trusted him with my secrets
The hidden details of my soul
The pieces of life that made me whole...
And yet had broken me at the same time
Disrupted and disturbed my peace of mind


I let him in when there wasn’t even a door to use
I told him of how I was hurt and abused
How I didn’t even like or love myself
How I sold my soul to the devil himself
Since I thought he was different, I gave him my heart
Only for him to use what I told him to tear me apart

Now… here I am a walking empty shell
One with a story to tell of how I’ve been thru hell
I’m too untrusting to even want a friend
Damn sure too afraid to ever believe in love again
Gone are the fairy tales of how love’s supposed to be
From now on I am doing whatever I need to protect me

My True Essence

No comments:

Post a Comment

Self-Talk

For years I have been a victim to my own negative self-talk Tripping myself up every time I tried to move forward in my walk Letting...