Sunday, November 2, 2014

Journey to Loving Me

For so long I‘ve struggled with loving me
Many don’t understand how that can possibly be
How can someone who has so much love to give
Have no fear of dying but yet be afraid to live

At some point in time I lost my way
I looked in the mirror and turned away
Turned away because I didn’t like what I saw
I only saw flaw after flaw after flaw

As someone who sows seeds and wants others to succeed
I didn’t make priority my own wants and needs
For some reason I didn’t sow seeds in my own garden
Instead I let my heart grow cold and harden

My self-esteem and self-worth took a nose dive
My “get up and go” left and took with it all of my drive
My drive and determination to press on and keep going
To move forward while revolving and growing

Then one day I looked in that very same mirror again
Instead of seeing the outer shell I saw the beauty within
All of the things that held me bondage had set me free
And right then and there began my journey to loving me

My True Essence

No comments:

Post a Comment

Self-Talk

For years I have been a victim to my own negative self-talk Tripping myself up every time I tried to move forward in my walk Letting...