Monday, June 30, 2014

Too Bad...

Too bad I can’t be who and what you want me to be

But the truth is I only know how to be me

The one who despite it all still holds her help up high

The sassy, confident free spirit and loyal ride or die

 
Too bad I don’t do the things you want me to do

But the truth is I live my life for me not to please you

So if I do things you can’t figure out or understand

Let it go and trust I’m doing the best that I can

 
Too bad I don’t say the things you want me to say

But the truth is I wouldn’t have it any other way

Because I sing and dance to my own special beat

I’m just me doing what I do with no need to compete

My True Essence

No comments:

Post a Comment

Self-Talk

For years I have been a victim to my own negative self-talk Tripping myself up every time I tried to move forward in my walk Letting...