Friday, March 7, 2014

Where is the Love... (Part 2)

A question for all of my black women
Where is the love for the black men
You know… the black man
They are our dads, uncles and brothers
Our husbands, boyfriends and lovers
The ones who are always on the front line ready for bout
Standing strong, shoulders back, chest stuck out
Making sure we are protected and don’t go without
They carry the weight on their shoulders so we don’t have to
Because that’s what black men do

But something happened along the way
That caused some of our black women to pull away
Instead of believing and trusting in our man
Somehow we began to create our own plan
They went from being our strength and breathe of fresh air
To someone we didn’t really trust to always be there
Somehow we figured we didn’t need to let our men be the head
We stepped up thinking we could do it better instead
It’s like we didn’t value our brothers anymore
We sent them packing and showed them the door

There is something I want all of my sisters to know
And I want you to say I told you so
No matter how strong and independent we think we may be
Truthfully, I think we all have to agree
That we can’t do it without them
They are our kings, our precious gems
Instead of us always putting our black men down
Let’s do our best to help them turn things around
Show them they have our support thru thick and thin
And that we have their back, ride or die until the end
Give them everything we are made of
So they never have to wonder where is the love

My True Essence

No comments:

Post a Comment

Self-Talk

For years I have been a victim to my own negative self-talk Tripping myself up every time I tried to move forward in my walk Letting...