Thursday, March 6, 2014

Where is the Love....

A question for all my black men
Where is the love for the black woman
You know… the black woman
We are your sisters, aunties and mothers
Your wives, girlfriends and lovers
The ones who are always there by your side
Standing tall, head high and filled with pride
We do our best to bring out the best in you
And still stick around when you show us the rest of you
Because that’s what black women do

But something happened along the way
To cause some of our black men to go astray
Instead of us being your soul mate
Somehow we became the object of your hate
We went from being your pride and joy
To your sex objects and play toys
You’re angry at the world and have no trust
Unfortunately, you’re taking that anger out on us
It’s like you don’t cherish or love us anymore
Instead of staying you ran for the door

There is something I want you all to know
Even if it doesn’t always show
No matter how bad things get
I hope you all will never forget
We love, need and support you all
We will always be there even when you fall
We understand your anger but don’t make us pay
For all the struggles that comes your way
Instead let us help you to keep the family in tack
And trust us to always have your back
Give us everything you are made of
So we never have to wonder where is the love…

My True Essence

No comments:

Post a Comment

Self-Talk

For years I have been a victim to my own negative self-talk Tripping myself up every time I tried to move forward in my walk Letting...