Friday, October 4, 2013

You're Mad and I'm Mad

You’re mad…
Because I couldn’t be who you wanted me to be
I’m mad…..
Because I was blind to the things I should’ve been able to see
Like…
How you treated this relationship like a damn joke
It’s my fault…
Because I knew from the start we weren’t equally yoked

But yet...
I stayed
Hoping my insecurities would eventually fade
Instead I let you treat me like a sex toy
Only here for your pleasure and joy
Nothing more or nothing less
You've proven you’re no different from the rest

You’re right...
Being there for you was what I was supposed to do
I’m right…
I should ‘ve loved myself way more than I loved you
More…
Than settling for anything less than what I deserve
It’s time for me to leave while I still have the nerve

You’re mad…
Because I’m finally leaving you
I’m mad…
Because it took so long for me to do

My True Essence

No comments:

Post a Comment

Self-Talk

For years I have been a victim to my own negative self-talk Tripping myself up every time I tried to move forward in my walk Letting...