Monday, June 10, 2013

Thank You for My Mother

Lord, I thank you for my amazing and loving mother
The love I have for her can’t be measured because it’s like no other
It’s the unconditional kind of love that lives deep down in my heart
It’s a bond, a connection nothing can destroy it or tear it apart
My mother has always been very supportive of me
She encouraged me to do well and to be all I could be
She gave me guidance and advice while still allowing me to grow
When I didn’t listen and made mistakes, she didn’t say  “I told you so”
One of my fondest memories of her goes back to when I was a child
Of her looking at me with those big dimples and beautiful smile
She was always pleasant and smiling no matter what she was going thru
She worked hard to take care of her family as all good mothers do
I also remember her standing at the stove cooking my favorite meal
She’d cook and I’d set the table that was our little deal
Her famous chicken and rice was and still is her specialty dish
To be able to cook like her was always my wish
When I started playing sports, she’d come to my games to see me play
When my first love broke my heart, she hugged me and told me it would be ok
When I was teased because of my bad skin, she told me I was beautiful every day
And when I started smelling myself and acting grown, she still loved me anyway
She has always been there for all the important events in my life
My prom, graduations, the day my husband took me his wife
The birth of my child where I almost didn’t make it and died
And when I first held my baby in my arms and cried
She has taught me so much thru the years
To be strong and independent, not afraid to face my fears
To thank God for everything and to count my many blessings
She was there to help me thru all of my life lessons
Even at 62 years old, she is still in good health and looking good
If I could give her anything she has ever dreamed of, I would
But no matter how hard I try, I can never thank her for all she has done
Lord, I just thank you for giving me the prefect one
My True Essence

No comments:

Post a Comment

Self-Talk

For years I have been a victim to my own negative self-talk Tripping myself up every time I tried to move forward in my walk Letting...