Wednesday, August 22, 2012

No More

I sat up all night waiting for you but you never came
I knew at that very moment my life would never be the same
Yet again you stayed out all night doing God only knows what
But I know what‘s happening because I feel it in my gut
All of the lies you told and thoughtless excuses you made
It didn’t take long for my trust to begin to fade

As I sit here thinking of how good our marriage used to be
Where did we go wrong… was it you or was it me
Did I not make your home happy or sexually satisfy you
Were you so unhappy you decided to do anything you wanted to
Running the streets chasing women, fantasies and lust

You broke our sacred vows, our commitment ... our trust


You treating me like you do is hurtful and it’s not right
 I'm not taking this anymore so it’s time to stand up and fight
Time to put things in order and get back on the right track
No more blaming myself and putting up with your slack
So I will keeping sitting here waiting patiently for you to arrive
I may be hurt and confused now but I will survive

My True Essence

No comments:

Post a Comment

Self-Talk

For years I have been a victim to my own negative self-talk Tripping myself up every time I tried to move forward in my walk Letting...