Saturday, March 24, 2012

Power in the Tongue

Are you using your tongue to build up or to tear down?


A few weeks ago, I was in my office at work having one of my pity parties. The pity party actually started when I woke up that morning. For some reason, I just couldn’t get myself together. Then I made the mistake of looking in the mirror…. Why did I do that?? Everything went downhill from there.
I was online chatting with a friend of mine. Crying the blues about how I was feeling in a funk, blah, blah, blah. This friend of mine said something to me that stopped me in my tracks and made me break down and cry. They said this:
 “If you get frustrated looking at yourself through your eyes, use mine and see how magnificent you are”. 
Wow… those words meant the world to me.  I saved that statement. Whenever I am beating myself up or having a bad day or when I am just not loving myself, I read it. It always brings a smile to my face.
I am glad my friend used those words to build me up.

My True Essence

No comments:

Post a Comment

Self-Talk

For years I have been a victim to my own negative self-talk Tripping myself up every time I tried to move forward in my walk Letting...