Friday, March 23, 2012

An Injustice to One...


It’s sad to say that in the year of 2013 racism still very much exists
Even though we know it, it’s still hard to believe and accept this
A white man walks free after killing a young black unarmed teen
Only a bag of kittles and canned drink were found on him at the scene
The shooter said he was threatened and that it was done in self defense
So why get out the car to follow him. … it makes no sense
Was it because he was black and had a hoodie on his head
Or was it because you saw a “coon” and wanted him dead
We will never really know the truth about what happened that night
Why did he kill that child? What gave him the right?
I can’t believe he was found not guilty in this case
All we wanted was justice for all not just one particular race
We have to come together and unite, fight together and stand tall
Because an injustice for one is an injustice for all


My True Essence

No comments:

Post a Comment

Self-Talk

For years I have been a victim to my own negative self-talk Tripping myself up every time I tried to move forward in my walk Letting...