Sunday, November 28, 2010

I Don't Know What You Are Used To...

I don’t know what you are used to but I’m sure I ain’t it
I’m a keep it real black woman who is handling her shit
Hustling every day to take care of me and mine
Making it happen thru the good and the bad times

I don’t know what you are used to but let me tell you this
Bring me a bunch of BS and you will quickly be dismissed
I’m out here scrambling to survive each and every day
I don’t have time for the craziness these clowns bring my way

I don’t know what you are used to but please listen to me
I am who I am . . . I will always be
So love or leave me; I don’t care which one you take
No matter what happens, I may bend but I damn sure won’t break

I don’t know what you are used to but I’m sure I ain’t it.

My True Essence

No comments:

Post a Comment

Self-Talk

For years I have been a victim to my own negative self-talk Tripping myself up every time I tried to move forward in my walk Letting...