Monday, November 29, 2010

My Joy

It has taken me a long time to realize that true joy comes from within
You can’t count on getting your joy from a spouse, a relative or a friend
You have to begin to love the person you see staring back in the mirror
Believing that person is special, deserving not useless or inferior

I can’t count the number of times I have let someone steal my joy
Play me, use me up, and then throw me away like an unwanted toy
Taking away my self confidence and my self esteem
Having me starring as the main character in my own wicked dream

I went to bed one night with a heavy heart and cried myself to sleep
I dreamed of peace, love and joy, my dream was so beautiful and deep
I woke up that next day feeling better than I had in a while
That was the day I stopped counting on others to make me smile

Now I wake up with a smile on my face and joy in my heart every day
I fall down on my knees to thank Him and pray
There is a line from a gospel song that I like to say
My Joy: "The world didn’t give it and the world can’t take it away"

My True Essence

1 comment:

Self-Talk

For years I have been a victim to my own negative self-talk Tripping myself up every time I tried to move forward in my walk Letting...