Saturday, June 5, 2010

Trip

I want to take a trip to a special exotic place far away
A place where the food is wonderful and the music makes me sway
To the mellow sounds of the jazz band doing their thing
Sounds so good to me makes me wish I could sing

The island is unbelievable, a mini paradise offering only the best
Of entertainment, luxury, fun and even some much needed rest
The view is so breathtaking it deserves to be on the cover of a magazine
By far, one of the most incredible sites I have ever seen

At the beginning of the day, the sun rises and shines so bright
Yet the moon’s glow on the water can only be seen at night
The ocean is like magic, clear and crystal blue
If you listen carefully, you can hear the waves singing to you

I want to take a walk on the beach with my sandals in my hand
Striding slowly and barefoot on the hot moist sand
Taking deep breaths, enjoying the clean and freshness of the air
Loving the feel of the gentle breeze blowing through my hair

At night, I want to sit on the deck with my wrap and a fruity drink
Allow myself to just sit still, calm my nerves and think
Pull out my favorite journal and good writing pen
Put into words the things I’ve done and places I’ve been

I can’t wait to take my trip, get away and be me
Forget my cares for just a little while and be free

My True Essence

No comments:

Post a Comment

Self-Talk

For years I have been a victim to my own negative self-talk Tripping myself up every time I tried to move forward in my walk Letting...