Saturday, June 5, 2010

Internet Love

I’m late so I’m rushing. Hurrying. Trying to get there on time

Going to meet this mysterious man I’ve been chatting with online

I usually don’t do the internet thing but I decided to throw caution to the wind

If we don’t hit it off, I may at least have a new friend

I took extra time to get ready because it’s imperative that I look my best

While in the car driving, I’m thinking, wondering if he will pass my test

You know the test when you confirm all the things he said are true

To make sure he’s real, sincere and has not been lying to you

I’m excited yet a little nervous because I don’t know what’s waiting for me

Will he be everything that I imagine and want him to be

As I arrive at the meeting spot, my heart starts to pound

I stand there for a minute just looking around

Looking for the man who has captured my attention from many miles away

I can’t decide if I should make a run for it or sit down and stay

As I am searching, I turn to see this gorgeous hunk of man

Walking towards me with a rose in his hand, it's a part of our plan

At that moment, I smile and began to thank God above

For sending me someone that I hope to one day love


My True Essence

1 comment:

Self-Talk

For years I have been a victim to my own negative self-talk Tripping myself up every time I tried to move forward in my walk Letting...