Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Too Much To Stay

Since I am no longer the cause for the sparkle in your eye
I don’t want to be the reason behind the tears you cry

Since I can’t bring out the best in you
I don’t want to keep hurting you like I always seem to do

Intentionally or unintentionally causing you pain is not good
I would go back in a second and change everything if I could

But since I can’t make you happy each and every day
I will step aside and get out of your way

There was always be a special bond and connection there
I want the best for you and I will always care

By the best I mean one who has your back thru it all
Who will be there to pick you up when you fall

The one who knows all, the good and bad
The best friend you have ever had

The one who will give you the white fence and two kids
Who can do all of the things I wish I did

I can no longer be that person in your life
And I pray you find the perfect one to be your wife

Please don’t hate me for walking away
Just know I loved you too much too stay

My True Essence

No comments:

Post a Comment

Self-Talk

For years I have been a victim to my own negative self-talk Tripping myself up every time I tried to move forward in my walk Letting...