Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Racism… The Struggle is Real

I am so angry I can’t even think straight
Tired of all the racism and hate
Tired of our black men losing their lives
Unable to return home to their wives
Tired of our little black boys being gunned down
In broad daylight in the middle of downtown
Then left to bleed out in the street
Lying there for hours before being covered with a sheet
With no explanation of what happened or why
Or being told lie after lie after lie

I am tired of all of our cries being unheard
Of our rights being taken and the lines of justice blurred
Of how it has to take a video to surface of the crime
To even bring a cop to justice and receive jail time
A cop who has vowed to serve and protect
Yet feel they are above the law and can’t be checked
I know all cops are not bad and corrupt
But it’s time for the good cops to stand up
Stop turning a blind eye to the bad they see
Watching innocent people die while dirty cops walk free
 
I feel some think shooting defenseless black men is a thrill
It’s as if their first thought is to shoot to kill
I am sick of the excuses day after day
Of how we shouldn’t act a certain way
But when we’ve had enough and start to fight back
We are labeled thugs who are out to attack
We will attack until police brutality begins to cease
And until someone starts to police the police
Because black lives matter and it’s a big deal
Even in 2015 the racism struggle is real

My True Essence

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Self-Talk

For years I have been a victim to my own negative self-talk Tripping myself up every time I tried to move forward in my walk Letting...