Thursday, March 26, 2015

Still (Written by a guest writer)

Never thought pen would meet paper again
It seems like the gray areas of life
Always bring me back To my roots of my thoughts
To my inner emotions
To the pain that I feel inside
To the bumps, the bruises, the cuts, the scrapes
They all have one thing in common…..Hurt
Hurt from the childhood years that have left
Permanent scars Scars that only fade
But the mark is still there
The tissue that you use to cover your eyes
Reflects the multitude of scar tissue
That have been covered by the skin that hides it
How does one tear down the years
Of low-esteem and still exists
Existence is just that
You exit the body and yet
You still push the mind to function
Function with every day
Disappointments, guilt, pain and anger
But you tell yourself to keep smiling
Smile pass it all, no one knows
Just keep it between you and God
Keep smiling and tell yourself
It’s going to be okay
Just act like IT doesn’t exist

This was written by a guest writer who happens to be a dear from of mine. Thank you friend. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Self-Talk

For years I have been a victim to my own negative self-talk Tripping myself up every time I tried to move forward in my walk Letting...