Thursday, July 18, 2013

Black Man! Black Man!

There are no other men like you on this earth
You were destined to be strong from your day of birth
Strong enough to handle all of the struggles life throws your way
Determined enough to do it day after day

No one has had to struggle as hard as you, Black Man
While doing everything to provide the best way you can
Having to prove your worth time and time again
While still being a loving husband, father and friend

I love when you stand tall and proud
Or when you kneel to pray with your head bowed
I love the way your daughter’s smile melts your heart
Or how your son idealizes you from the start

I know it’s not always easy being the strong one
But you keep pushing on until your work is done
So keep on pushing, being the man God called you to be
Black Man! Black Man! You are so special to me

My True Essence

No comments:

Post a Comment

Self-Talk

For years I have been a victim to my own negative self-talk Tripping myself up every time I tried to move forward in my walk Letting...