Monday, April 15, 2013

Fool for Love

I have to give it to you my brother, you are damn good
Had me thinking it was love, I guess I misunderstood
When you said “I love you”, I said I felt the same
Clearly, I was a big joke to you, some kind of game

I will admit you deserve an award for your acting skills
You faked me out big time and used me for your thrills
You did an excellent job though and played your roll well
This will be a great story for you to one day tell

I can’t even be mad at you because it’s really my fault
Should have followed my gut from the start like I was taught
That’s what I get for letting down my wall and allowing you in
But I didn’t listen and paid for it deeply in the end

How could I have been so wrong about you, wrong about us
I believed everything you said and I gave you my trust
This pain cuts so deep I know it will be hard to get rid of
I guess it the price I paid for being a fool for love

My True Essence

No comments:

Post a Comment

Self-Talk

For years I have been a victim to my own negative self-talk Tripping myself up every time I tried to move forward in my walk Letting...