Monday, January 28, 2013

Oh... But God!

I remember a time when I was down and out
When I couldn’t think of anything to be happy about
Didn’t have anyone I could trust… not even one friend
My life was so messed up I wanted it to end

Oh… But God!

I have done some things that I am not so proud of
Felt like I was in a battle but fighting with no gloves
I put my trust in people instead of the one above
Hurt some people I really cared about and loved

Oh… But God!

He didn’t come when I thought I was losing my mind
Nor when the world was being everything but kind
I was badly broken, confused and scared
I questioned his love for me and didn’t think he cared

Oh… But God!

He stepped in and showed me another way
Showed me I needed to get on my knees and pray
Pray for guidance and strength to survive in this earthly place
I am so grateful for His mercy and His grace

Oh…But God!

My True Essence

No comments:

Post a Comment

Self-Talk

For years I have been a victim to my own negative self-talk Tripping myself up every time I tried to move forward in my walk Letting...