Sunday, January 8, 2012

Done

I heard you were talking about me… what happened to love thy neighbor
Don’t you know throwing salt on my name only adds more flavor
So while you are talking, I will continue to do what I do, just being me
Because in the end, my light will still shine for the world to see

It gets hard trying to be everything to everybody all the time
Making everyone’s life easier while forgetting to live and enjoy mine
It seems no matter how hard I try, I just can’t please everyone
It’s like fighting a losing battle in a war that can’t be won

So instead of worrying about those they don’t have my best interest at heart
I will focus on those who have held me down, been there from the start
Get rid of the fake ones who just talk but don’t really care
Make room for the real ones who are worthy and deserve to be there

My True Essence

No comments:

Post a Comment

Self-Talk

For years I have been a victim to my own negative self-talk Tripping myself up every time I tried to move forward in my walk Letting...