Friday, March 18, 2016

Just Wait and See


Wow…
I'm completely blown
How could I not have known ...
The red flags were definitely there
But a part of me just didn’t care
I only saw what I wanted to see
Pretended it was how it should be
I fell so hard for your pick up lines
So hard I missed all of the signs


Like…
The disappearing for hours at a time
The scent on your clothes that was nothing like mine
The making love to me like it’s a chore
The lady you kept staring at in the grocery store
The arguing so you could get out of the house
The creeping and sneaking around like a mouse
The late night text messages and calls
The stranger living with me within these walls

So…
Since the stranger lying in my bed is you
I know deep in my heart what I must do
It took me a long time to wake up and realize
I don’t have to put up with your awful lies
Lies that roll off your tongue like a pro
One day you will reap what you sew
You will pay for the way you treated me
Karma will handle it just wait and see

My True Essence

1 comment:

  1. "Lies that roll off your tongue like a pro
    One day you will reap what you sow
    You will pay for the way you treated me
    Karma will handle it just wait and see."

    Hi, just found your blog and want to say that Karma settled a score that sounds much like the one going on here. My ex cheated, beat me during pregnancy, stole my money, broke my heart.

    Then he was shot twice and lost a leg--none of which was any of my doing. Our beloved goddess saw fit to teach the rat a few lessons. The story ended in April '16 when he died a sick and hurting old man.

    Ours is not to sit in judgment but to create honest lives of which we can be proud. Hold your head up; speak the truth to all who can hear you.

    ReplyDelete

Self-Talk

For years I have been a victim to my own negative self-talk Tripping myself up every time I tried to move forward in my walk Letting...