Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Us...

I’m so glad you opened up your heart and let me in
I’m your lover, your confident, your friend
The one who has your back thru thick and thin...
The one who will be standing with you at the end

Lord knows it hasn’t been easy getting to this point
We have had a lot of verbal fights in this joint
Saying and doing things we both would later regret
Not understanding how to forgive but never forget
Eventually you forgave me for acting like I didn’t need a man
I forgave you for making me think I wasn’t a part of your plan
Once we realized everything isn’t always peaches and cream
We learned to work together and make it happen as a team
As long as we breathe we’ll always have each other’s back
When one is lacking the other will pick up the slack
So you just keep being the man I know you to be
And I promise to always give you the best of me

My True Essence

No comments:

Post a Comment

Self-Talk

For years I have been a victim to my own negative self-talk Tripping myself up every time I tried to move forward in my walk Letting...