Friday, August 15, 2014

Injustice...

I’m hurting so deeply for my black boys and brothers
Our sons, fathers, uncles, husbands and lovers
They’re being killed by those who’re supposed to serve and protect
But yet they give our black boys and men no kind of respect

Sometimes their only offense is walking while black and unarmed
Even then it doesn’t mean they will be safe and unharmed
It doesn’t guarantee they won’t be attacked, choked and beat
Or shot down like a wild animal and left to die in the street

Some of our boys and men break the law and do bad things sometime
But killing them should not be the cops first reaction to the crime
They appoint themselves judge, jury and executor all rolled up into one
Not even waiting to give justice a chance to be done

I’m angry there is so little value for the life our boys and men
When will the police brutality and senseless killings end
Something has to change because we all deserve to be treated fair
Because “injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere”

My True Essence 8/15
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Self-Talk

For years I have been a victim to my own negative self-talk Tripping myself up every time I tried to move forward in my walk Letting...