Monday, March 17, 2014

Just Wait and See...

Wow…
I'm completely blown

How could I not have known
The red flags were definitely there
But a part of me just didn’t care
I only saw what I wanted to see
Pretended it was how it should be
I fell so hard for your pick up lines
So hard I missed all of the signs

Like…
The disappearing for hours at a time
The scent on your clothes that was nothing like mine
The making love to me like it’s a chore
The lady you kept staring at in the grocery store
The arguing so you could get out of the house
The creeping and sneaking around like a mouse

The late night text messages and calls
The stranger living with me within these walls

So…
Since the stranger lying in my bed is you
I know deep in my heart what I must do
It took me a long time to wake up and realize
I don’t have to put up with your awful lies
Lies that roll off your tongue like a pro
One day you will reap what you sew
You will pay for the way you treated me
Karma will handle it just wait and see

My True Essence

No comments:

Post a Comment

Self-Talk

For years I have been a victim to my own negative self-talk Tripping myself up every time I tried to move forward in my walk Letting...