Wednesday, July 24, 2013

I'm Hurting



Not the hurt you get from hitting your elbow
Or kicking the end of the coffee table with your big toe
It’s not the hurt you get when you get a bad paper cut
Or when the stationary bike at the gym hurts your butt

It’s a greater kind of hurt you feel deep down in your soul
The kind that wears you down and makes you feel old
The kind of hurt that goes way beyond the tears
The kind it takes months to shake, sometimes even years

You told the secrets you promised you’d keep
You said things that stung and cut me real deep
You did awful things to hurt my feelings and my heart
But I won’t let you keep tearing my soul apart

The good thing about time is that it helps ease the pain
And get over the craziness and get back to being sane
I'm going to get myself together and make it through
Even though I’m hurting, I will get over you
 My True Essence

No comments:

Post a Comment

Self-Talk

For years I have been a victim to my own negative self-talk Tripping myself up every time I tried to move forward in my walk Letting...