Saturday, April 13, 2013

My First Love

My first memory was of him playing with me
Grandpa would sing a song while bouncing me on his knee
He would sing “Ride your horsey, go to town
Watch out little baby and don’t you fall down”

We would laugh so hard grandma would come to check on us
She wanted to know what was all the laughter and fuss
He would say “singing to my baby girl like I do every day”
She would smile, turn around and continue on her way

I loved when we would get my dolls and have afternoon tea
Or when he would throw me in the air so I could fly high and free
He would take me to get ice cream, three big scoops
Then take me to the store to pick out my favorite color hula hoop

My first love was my grandpa better known as Pop Pop
Even with bad knees, he would never slow down or stop
Then one day out of the blue, he got real sick and died
It broke my heart so bad I just cried and cried

I remember how much he loved and spoiled me rotten
Even though he is gone, he will never be forgotten
I know he is smiling down on me from up above
My Pop Pop was truly my first love

My True Essence

No comments:

Post a Comment

Self-Talk

For years I have been a victim to my own negative self-talk Tripping myself up every time I tried to move forward in my walk Letting...