Wednesday, September 19, 2012

My Soul Looks Back and Wonders

My soul looks back and wonders
How in the world I got over
Got over all of the hurt and pain
How I managed to stay sober and sane
Not giving into the demons who tried to steal my soul
And take the precious things that made me whole
My freedom to love … My peace of mind
My joy…My family… The reasons I grind
Grind so hard to make a way
Why I fall down on my knees and pray
For strength to make it thru the day
Offering each day all I have to give
So glad I made the choice to fight and live
Lord knows I have been way down under
So down…
My soul looks back and wonders

My True Essence

1 comment:

Self-Talk

For years I have been a victim to my own negative self-talk Tripping myself up every time I tried to move forward in my walk Letting...