Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Seeing You

Hey there. It’s been awhile. Saw you with your new boo
I see you are still looking good but then again, you always do
I must give you props on your choice and admit I was impressed
Can’t blame you though babe, you always did like the best

I often wonder if she treats you right; if she is good to you
Does she take you to that special place like I used to
I thought we had it all, the love, communication and trust
But we let pride in and pride destroyed our lives, pride destroyed us

I can’t help but think to myself how times have really changed
You and me not being together forever still seems so strange
It took awhile for me to get over you and finally move on
To not think of you the end of each day and start of each dawn

I am truly glad to see you happy with a smile on your face
Even though it’s been two years, you will always have a special place
Deep in my heart with all of the special things that mean the world to me
So keep on being that wonderful man I remember you to be

My True Essence

1 comment:

Self-Talk

For years I have been a victim to my own negative self-talk Tripping myself up every time I tried to move forward in my walk Letting...