Monday, May 9, 2011

The Mirror

I’m looking in the mirror wondering who’s this stranger staring back at me
Gone is the reflection of the person I adored and used to be
It’s been replaced with an image of someone I don’t even recognize
My smile is there but it doesn’t quite reach my eyes
My eyes show all the pain and hurt in my heart
The weight of all the things that is tearing me apart
When did I lose my footing and fall into this bad head space
I keep falling and can’t seem to get out of this horrible place
The one good thing about trouble is that it don’t last always
So I will keep fighting and fighting until one of these days
When I look in the mirror I will like what I see looking back at me

1 comment:

  1. For what it's worth...I've been here and know it can take a toll, but also confirms your resilience. Scary, disheartening and all those words that express a *temporary* loss of connection with our internal base. The one that requires love (both self and from others), gardening and encouragement to flourish. At times it's a lonely thing, but know there is a light behind those eyes and heart that may dim a little but never goes out :-).

    ReplyDelete

Self-Talk

For years I have been a victim to my own negative self-talk Tripping myself up every time I tried to move forward in my walk Letting...