Monday, November 8, 2010

It Ain’t Easy Being Me

No one has seen the things I’ve seen or has felt the pain I’ve felt
Pain that cut so hard and deep, deeper than any masters’ belt
No one has cried and shed all of the many tears I’ve shed
Tears of grief, sorrow, shame and even tears of dread

No one no matter how strong can walk a mile in my shoes
These shoes carry it all; my good, my bad and my blues
So when you see me walking by just smile and let me be
Because you don’t know my struggles; why it ain’t easy being me

My True Essence

2 comments:

  1. Praise God! Absolutely love this! I just stumbled across your blog while looking for Ntozake Shange's poem. The words you use are so amazing they cut deep and gave me the chills as I read this! Do you mind if I use this in a monologue audition? I will credit you of course. You are truly gifted.

    thanks,
    ginelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ginelle,

    Thank you for the compliment. I really appreciate it. Please feel free to use this piece in your monologue audition. Good luck! Happy New Year to you and your family. Peace and Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Self-Talk

For years I have been a victim to my own negative self-talk Tripping myself up every time I tried to move forward in my walk Letting...