Saturday, October 9, 2010

Simply Just Me

Several weeks ago, a friend of mine was going through something that really hurt them. They reached out to me and we talked about it. Really, they talked and I pretty much listened. I didn't judge them, try to give them advice or anything. I just listened and tried to be supportive. I tried to be a friend. After a while, they asked me "why are you being so nice to me"? I gave them my answer and tried the best way I knew how to explain "Me" to them.

Over the last couple of weeks, I have thought about that question several times as well as my response to their question. All I can say is that I am just simply Me. I am nothing fancy. I am so far from perfect. I screw up, repeatedly. I do dumb things. I make bad decisions. I am very outspoken (which is definitely not always a good thing). I wear my feelings on my sleeve. I am not where I want to be (so far from it) but I thank God that I am not where I used to be. Thank you Lord! I am and will always be work in progress.

One thing that I told my friend, which is also one of the things that I am most proud of, is that I am one of the most sincere and genuine people you will ever meet. I honestly care about people and their wellbeing. When I say "I wish you the best" or "I am happy for you" or "I am proud of you", I mean that from the bottom of my heart. When I see you doing well in your chosen profession or see growth in your personal development, I am genuinely happy for you. When I say "you are looking good" or "you go girl", I mean that. There is no jealously, just true admiration. My goal is to inspire and build up. Never to tear down. If I can make a good, positive difference in someones life, it's all worth it.

There are things about me that many people don't know, not even my family and closest friends. I have done things I am not proud of. I have had awful things done to me that I haven't been able to speak of. I have my good days and my bad days but i won't complain. I have survived. I am so thankful for my many blessings. Thankful for my loved ones and my friends. I pray for you all way more than I pray for myself. If you don't know anything about me, please know that I genuinely care. I am nothing special. I am simply just Me.

My True Essence

1 comment:

Self-Talk

For years I have been a victim to my own negative self-talk Tripping myself up every time I tried to move forward in my walk Letting...