Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Who Am I?

“Who Am I?” is the question many people wonder but few dare to ask.
I'm known for my bright eyes and dimpled smile. Are they really just a mask?
A mask used to hide, shield and cover all of the hurt and pain.
Sometimes I wonder if it all will one day just drive me insane.

My Eyes! They say the eyes are the window to the soul
When you look into my eyes, do you see the many stories untold?
The secrets that are buried so deep. Locked away so no one can see.
If you knew my secrets, I wonder how you would feel about me.

“Who Am I?” is actually not big of a secret or mystery at all.
I am a beautiful black women who stands almost 6 feet tall.
Child of God, mother, wife are just a few of the names that describe me.
A wonderful example of all those things is what I strive to be.

At the end of the day, I hope it’s my spirit, internal beauty and shining light
That those close to me remember and make them smile so bright.
I pray Who I am is someone special and loving to someone somewhere.
So go ahead and ask “Who Am I" if you dare.

Peace and Blessings.

1 comment:

  1. Love this piece. We all have those secrets and wear that mask at times. I'm trying to come from behind the mask and be more my authentic self 24 hours a day. It's a trying process. Keep being who you are because we love it.

    ReplyDelete

Self-Talk

For years I have been a victim to my own negative self-talk Tripping myself up every time I tried to move forward in my walk Letting...